First of all I want to thank Wojciech Ryrych for the new header of this site.
I've been very busy working on my new open source project so I had no time to build another version of Kfilebox but I promise to upload a final version before the end of this year with the following content:
- New Logo by Wojciech Ryrych and maybe a set of icons
- A set of white icons for KDE 4.5 by Daniel Eguren
- Selection of iconset from preferences window (new feature)
- Greek translation by Marios Zindilis
It is possible to use it independently on a single computer maintaining the history (different versions) of your documents or with an external server to synchronize your files on different PCs. In theory, you can use any Mercurial hosting service. The third option is to build your own server using Acid Rain Server (a Linux distribution build using Suse Studio) and synchronize your files on multiple computers via your local network or even the Internet.
In other words, you will be able decide how to use Acid Rain:
- On a single computer
- Using your PC with a third party service (Mercurial hosting) to synchronize different computers.
- Using your PC and your own server running Acid Rain Server
Some features of the firs version will be:
- 100% QT: Linux, Windows and Mac binaries will be available.
- File synchronization between computers
- Recovery of previous versions of files
- English and Spanish translations
- Open Acid Rain documents folder
- Open web repository, if provided by the hosting service (requires to authenticate manually on the web)
- File conflict detection. Basic conflict resolution interface.
- Selection of system tray icon set. Default coloured and white icon sets provided
- NiceTango icons :)
If you are interested you can see some screenshots here
I expect to have a private beta before the end of this month. The idea is to have 100-200 users of this version reporting bugs. Currently I don't know how to distribute this limited edition but I would like that most part of them were Kfilebox users
I hope you like this news, regards!